The Totnes Heritage Trust is in discussions with The Mansion trustees on the possibility of working together on a project to renovate and repair the listed building. Much work is required to The Mansion to save it from deterioration and make it a building the town can be proud of.
For the last five years the Totnes Heritage Trust has been in partnership with St Mary’s Church to assist it in the development of its renovation and reordering project. The church has decided to proceed with the project in-
house and therefore the trust is looking to assist another heritage project.
The Heritage Trust is pleased to have been associated and involved with the St Mary’s Church project and wishes the new project team and the church every success in bringing about its completion.
Previous project: St Mary's Church
What the Trust achieved:
The Trust has been managing the St Mary’s project since 2018 and during this time has achieved, amongst other things, the following:
1. Worked with architects and consultants to produce a scheme for the renovation and reordering of St Mary’s Church.
2. Organised two public consultations in St Mary’s together with the setting up of the exhibition area with touchscreen, donation station and the Totnes Map. The touchscreen survey produced over 700 responses.
3. Managed and organised the much needed external conservation works project costing £180,000, including securing the funding.
4. Secured a funding award of £100,000 from National Lottery Heritage Fund to enable the development works to proceed. Laying the foundation for an award of £450,000 for delivery stage.
5. Arranged appointment of key consultants for the project including architect, heating consultant, heritage engagement consultant and
6. Raised £39,000 for the project, part of which was through a Crowdfunding campaign.
7. Organised community events to raise the profile and awareness of the project
8. Set up websites and social media sites to promote the project.
9. Regular local publicity reporting on progress and promoting the project via local newspapers and social media.
Is there are heritage project you would like the Totnes Heritage Trust to pursue?
Contact us today:
Call 01803 840259
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you